Monday, May 28, 2012

Lately, Life.

Lately, life has been insane.  There were a few days in the past weeks that I spent all day in bed with my crappy immune system.  Living in community means we all get each other's germs, and while everyone else was in bed with head colds, I ended up at urgent care getting breathing treatments.  Ugh.  It's times like these that I want to give all single parents an award, because I can't imagine being sick like that and having to keep up with my crazy, bouncing Nut child.

Also, today launches our Summer Madness, in which we have 3 interns living with us...so you know the last couple of weeks have included some serious catching up on house work!  My house hasn't been this clean in, well, I won't say, but awhile.  The interns are all guys, so, I will be even more out-numbered than usual for the next few months!  If you need me, you can find me in my room.

And, if all that wasn't enough fun, we had a Memorial Day weekend Medlen Family Reunion out at Andrew's aunt and uncle's farm in Mexico, Missouri.  We slept in a tent.  Every time I sleep in a tent and spend most of the day outside with bugs, sweat, and the smell of my own armpits I am reminded why I choose to live in the city.  But, aside from the father-in-law's foot-breaking incident, everyone had a great time. 

We have just a quick moment to catch our breath before we dive into the summer schedule of insanity.  Here we go... 

No comments:

Post a Comment